[Ansteorra] ISO Pewter casting Information

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 15:28:27 PDT 2007

I once did a test casting of several mold materials, from cuttlefish,
soapstone, plaster, sand, silicon, etc.  I found the soapstone had the
best cast, with the color of the metal and finishing work needed.

for what it's work

alexandria

On 10/6/07, Baronman at aol.com <Baronman at aol.com> wrote:
> Soapstone is also available on ebay- that is where I get mine- BTW- carving
> a negative image is very difficult- buy lots of extra.  The bondo idea  works
> well- that is how I started doing mine- also plaster of paris works ( heat
> all the water out to cure it) also but loses it definition after about 10-12
> castings.  I make my brooches out of plaster and then destroy the mold  after
> 2-3 castings.
> Baron Bors

I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or
with finesse, or expediently
-- but I will handle it.