[Ansteorra] Presentation of Consorts at Namron Protectorate

muriel at entelesoft.com muriel at entelesoft.com
Thu Oct 11 13:01:16 PDT 2007

Greetings good people of Ansteorra,

The Chivalric and Rapier tournaments at Protectorate are not only a test of
skill and honor upon the field, but also a time to honor the inspiration
that sustains you. Choose a consort who represents the Dream to you and the
virtues that draw you back to the field despite bruises and defeat. This
Protectorate, we will honor those who inspire you by allowing you to present
them to us prior to your first bout. I request that your presentation
reflect the inspiration your consort provides and be commensurate with the
resources your rank and estate allows. My expectations are a bit different
than in some other presentations of consorts I have seen. They are as
follows:

1. Consorts will be presented throughout the first round. After the pairings
are announced, the first pair will be asked to present their consorts. For
the successive pairs, the list herald will call you to "Please Present your
consort to Their Excellencies" prior to calling you to "Make Ready" for your
first bout. Rapier and Chivalric lists will occur simultaneously, therefore
the presentations will also occur at the same time.

2. A herald will announce you and your consort as you enter the presence of
Their Excellencies. If you have the means to provide your own herald, they
are welcome. However, please do not ask them to make lengthy speeches as
your call to the field will follow soon. Please tell us a little about how
this person inspires you. Use your creativity to show honor to your consort.
The only restrictions are to be mindful of the other competitors and aware
of the time.

Chivalry! Dons! I expect you to set an example for all the new fighters when
presenting your consort as well as on the field. Give them something to
aspire to and show them the worth of the Lords and Ladies of Ansteorra who
inspire you.

Should your consort be unable to attend, we still invite you to fight in our
list.  Please keep in mind though, that I expect you to appropriately honor
them in abstentia.

In Service to the Dream,

Muriel ingen Gille Crist
Baroness of Namron