[Ansteorra] Crown Pairings?

Galen Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Mon Oct 8 14:18:17 PDT 2007

Michael Gunter wrote:

>>Two knights withdrew after the first round. What happened?
>>

>In my bout with Sir Tomas I started having trouble breathing
>and got very weak. Just a couple of passes into our third bout
>I dropped to my knees, couldn't stand and my breathing hurt.
>I wanted to keep going but knew I couldn't so I resigned the
>fight.
>

>>I hope no one was hurt.
>>

>I wasn't although people were concerned. Yes, I am making a
>doctor's appointment to see what is wrong.
>

>>En Lyonel
>>

>Gunthar

I am glad you are looking into this.   I had a similar thing happen to
me in a Tourney once.  After that, I developed a chronic problem with
cramps, which I thought was due to salt and electrolyte loss from the
heat.  I ignored both for a long time, (especially as I was fightiing
less) and only this year found out that both were symptoms of Type 2
diabetes, which apparently I have been suffering from for years.  My
doctor tells me I am lucky not to have suffered organ damage to my
kidneys, liver and heart, but thankfully all is well and under control now.

Morale of the story...pay attention to what your body tells you.

Galen Kirchenbauer