[Ansteorra] Three Kings

John Reuter jareuter1066 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 20 09:40:24 PDT 2007

 Unto Countess Regina.
I Baron Brian du Val of Raven's Fort do pledge to his
Grace Duke Inman the Duke of Normandy and the rightful
King of Briton who is skilled in the arts of war and
by the grace of GOD is born to rule Anglo Saxons as a
learned and just man! I have a deep chivalric linage
that reaches back through Sir Kief of Kiersted,
through Sir Ian McBaird and through Duke Inman him
self. That alone cements my loyalty to my fathers,
fathers and my teachers, teachers. I bring to my
Warlord three coats of maile, six Norman war Shields
and as many warriors that I can summon.

This is the pledge of Brian du Val Baron of Raven's
Fort.

"Do to other as thou wouldst they should do to thee,
and do to none other but as thou wouldst be done to."

These words can be found in the following:
(including the New Testament, Talmud, Koran, and the
Analects of Confucius). Among the earliest appearances
in English is Earl Rivers' translation of a saying of
Socrates (Dictes and Sayenges of the Philosophirs,
1477)