[Ansteorra] Defenders of the Rose III

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 08:51:26 PDT 2007

Defenders of the Rose III
November 9-11, 2007
www.roses.ansteorra.org

Unto the good peoples of Ansteorra, warm greetings
from the Companions of the Order of the Rose in the
Kingdom of Ansteorra.

Once again, with the gracious assistance of the Shire
of Shadowlands and the Shire of Emerald Keep, the
Companions of the Order of the Rose announce our
Defenders of the Rose event! The Defenders of the Rose
III is a two-day event, and the Order humbly requests
that all good folk attending plan to stay through the
Rose Court that will end the event on Sunday
afternoon.

Come help us celebrate glorious Ansteorra in all Her
diversity, and bear witness to the martial and
artistic
excellence of Her populace! Tournaments will be held
to choose Defenders for:

- Archery
- Chivalric Combat
- Equestrian
- Performance Arts
- Rapier Combat
- Static Arts

The winner of each of the Lists will become a Member
of the Company of Defenders of the Rose and will
receive a medallion of precious metal from the
Companions of the Rose there assembled.

Defenders of the Rose III will be held on the weekend
of November 9-11, 2007, at Apache Pass River Theatre,
our new site in Rockdale, TX. The beautifully wooded
site boasts a large covered pavilion, showers, plenty
of space for camping, and a gorgeous river view!

Duchess Valeria Richila Navarro is preparing a
fabulous feast for the first 100 reserved:

First remove:
- Cock-a-leekie soup
- Herbed bread
- Butters and cheeses

Second remove:
- Roast beef or chicken
- Honeyed carrots
- Rice dressing

Dessert:
- Oatmeal cookies and shortbread

Please bring your own chairs for feast! You are also
invited and encouraged to bring candles in globe or
other enclosed holders.

Additionally, Countess Regina and Contessa Vanessa are
hosting a tavern to benefit the Kingdom coffers. All
proceeds from the tavern will go to support the
kingdom newsletter, the Black Star, and to help fund
waterbearing activities at Gulf War. The tavern will
serve breakfast Saturday morning and lunch until 2pm,
including:

Saturday breakfast:
- Sausage and gravy
- Breakfast burritos
- Coffee

Saturday lunch:
- Sliced beef with au jus on a bun
- Chicken with pasta
- Spaghetti with and without meat balls
- Sausages on a stick
- Venison soup/stew

And coffee on Sunday!

The site opens at 5 pm on Friday and closes at 3 pm on
Sunday. Ground fires are permitted, but please be sure
to clean up your campsites – the site owner has asked
that we not leave piles of ashes. No pets are
permitted – service animals only, please. The site is
wet.

Site fees:
Adults $12
Children 6-17 $6
Children under 6 free
Family maximum $36
Feast $8 per person

Make checks payable to SCA Inc., Shire of Shadowlands.
Site and feast reservations are available through
ACCEPS.

Contacts:

Event Steward:
Countess Sara Penrose
(Kimberly Langhans)
713-818-4916
sarapenrose at yahoo.com

Co-Steward
Lady Isabelot de Forens
(Anna Lichorad)
979-229-7863
isabelotdeforens at gmail.com

Co-Steward
Duchess Conal O’Riordain
Crystal Lemming
214-794-0732
portofun at ticnet.com

Visit the Defenders of the Rose website for additional
information on event activities, hotel accommodations,
and event staff. You can link to the event website
from the Kingdom Calendar or from the Roses website at
www.roses.ansteorra.org.

We look forward to sharing a weekend of fighting,
arts, and fun with you!

In Service to Ansteorra,
The Companions of the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra

----------------------------------
Directions to site:

>From Austin:  Take I-35 N to Hwy 79 in Round Rock.
Turn right (east) on Hwy 79 to Thorndale. In
Thorndale, turn left (north) on FM 486. Go about 4.5
miles to FM 908. Turn right (east) on FM 908 and go
about 3 miles. Apache Pass will be on the left (north)
side of the road.

>From Dallas-Fort Worth:  Take I-35 S to Temple. In
Temple, take exit 302. Continue onto Loop 363. From
Loop 363 take Hwy 36 east towards Cameron. Go about 3
miles past the town of Buckholts to Pettibone. Turn
right (south) onto FM 486. Go about 11 miles to San
Gabriel. Take FM 486 through San Gabriel about 2
miles. FM 908 will be on the left. Turn left (east)
onto FM 908 and go about 3 miles. Apache Pass will be
on the left (north) side of the road.

>From Houston:  Take US 290 west to Brenham. In Brenham
290 and Hwy 36 will merge. Continue on Hwy 36 north to
Milano. In Milano, turn left (west) onto Hwy 79.
Continue on Hwy 79 west to Rockdale. In downtown
Rockdale, turn right (north) on FM 908. Go abut 8
miles northwest on FM 908 to Apache Pass. Apache Pass
will be on the right side of the road.

>From Huntsville:  Take Hwy 30 west to Bryan. In Bryan
Hwy 30 will become 158 (Booneville Road). Follow this
until it crosses Hwy 6. Take Hwy 6 north to Hearne. In
Hearne, turn left (west) onto Hwy 79. Take this to
Rockdale. In downtown Rockdale, turn right (north) on
FM 908. Go about 8 miles northwest on FM 908 to Apache