[Ansteorra] Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Championship outcome?

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Oct 29 13:59:08 PDT 2007

Quoting Traci <traci at crimsonvision.net>:
> Greetings!
> I am anxiously awaiting news of the outcome of this contest; can anyone
> provide me with the details?  I sorely regret not being able to make it out
> there myself!

I didn't get to see ALL the performances - I think I missed the first 1 or two,
perhaps... As I was wandering past the pavillion, I saw Her Excellency,
Dominique of Wiesenfeuer start to take the floor, and HAD to go see...

The highest honor of the night went to Kajira of House Wolfstar (forgive me, I
don't know her full name), who performed a wonderous dance including some sword
work and spins that were out of this world. Her tempo changes were executed
flawlessly, and her connection with her audience was a joy to witness.

There was also a wonderful original scroll presented - and if I understood
correctly, the design for that scroll has become the new scroll charter for
that championship.

During the court in which the winner was announced, one of the other dancers -
another member of Wolfstar, who I have not ever met, that was one of the first
to compete, was granted an Iris of Merit for her dance.  As well, one of the
skilled drummers who provided the music was granted an Iris for their artistry.
I am sorry that I don't know their names.  (A third Iris was awarded by their
Majesties -- unrelated to the competition -- for the sumptuous work of Matthias
the Brewer, a man "a little too close to His Majesty's heart" as HRM Ebegardis
put it)

There were a couple of folks with video cameras, and a number of folks with
digital cameras.  Alas, I didn't capture any photos of the competition.

Hope that helps!!

-Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah