[Ansteorra] A thank you to the chivalric waterbearers at Gothic War

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:37:57 PDT 2007

Greetings!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the great crew that ran the
chivalric waterbearing stations at Gothic War. I know I won't remember all
of the names so please forgive me if I don't include you:

   - Danielle of Namron
   - Damiana Gutierrez de Castilla
   - Elizabeth Eleanora Caley
   - Lady RagnhildR, currently of Bryn Gwlad (Who was at one of her first
   Ansteorran events!)
   - Marlynna - who also let us use her pavilion on Saturday in addition
   to helping to keep the point running
   - Megan of Steppes
   - Kionna of Wiesenfeuer
   - Allasa
   - Osedax
   - John the Large - Who took the empty coolers and brought them back
   full of ice water more times than I could count
   - Marianna - who was behind the scenes cutting pickles, oranges, and
   watermelons..and most importantly, getting the coolers ready to go to the
   field.
   - Two other gentleman who went round and round the list field on
   Sunday carrying as many bottles as I could give them...but I turned in the
   sheet with their names on it and don't have it
   - The lady who performed the "miracle" and loaned the rapier melee
   field a pavilion to protect them from the sun
   - The fighters that came off the field during the last melee battle to
   take water in to the other fighters when we couldn't go on the field because
   of the combat archery
   - All of the others that I didn't actually get a chance to say thank
   you to who helped carry water, gatorade, and towels to the fighters!.

There were many people who helped and I know I haven't listed them
all...Thank you all!

In Service,
Lady Ysabeau of Prague

--
If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the
game, the stakes, and the quitting time.

Be thine enemy an ant, see in him an elephant..
  Turkish Proverb

Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.
  Malayan Proverb

Saya Mabuk!
Indonesian Saying...let me know if you know what it means ~grin~