[Ansteorra] So: How Strong Were The West's Defenses?

Chiara Francesca chiara.francesca at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 21:12:49 PDT 2007

The West proved to a very well protected. Their Defences were strong and
overpowering.

If I heard the numbers correctly the first battle had approximately 96+
fighters. (33 - Her Majesties forces, 32 - The West, 31 - invaders). Her
Majesty's forces won the first battle.

After that the rest of the day of fighting for me was a blur of running,
flanking, and dying twice before the day was done. It was FABOULOUS!

Major kudos to all the water bearers and especially to Lady Ysabeau of
Prague (from Bryn Gwlad) for heading up the melee side of water bearers. She
recruited folks left and right and kept us hydrated until we hit the portion
of the fighting that would not allow the volunteer water bearers on the
field without goggles and armoured protection. Thankfully fighters that had
died decided to take up the challenge and ran refreshments out to their
fellow fighters for that portion. Thanks Ysabeau!! :)

Chiara Francesca