[Ansteorra] SCA in the News, Vol. 1, Issue 23

Blair Frodelius blair at frodelius.com
Fri Sep 7 08:01:08 PDT 2007

_*SCA in the News: Volume 1, Issue 23 - August 19-September 7, 2007*__*
*_ _*
Sport of Kings
<http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070821/SPORTS05/708210402/1008&nav_category=>*_
The Bulletin, Bend, Oregon
"The archery was the determining factor in case of a tie and to show
that he is a well-rounded individual."

*_4th Annual Shire of Windegate Event_*
<http://www.goldentrianglenews.com/articles/2007/08/22/shelby_promoter/news/news5.txt>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Golden Triangle News, Montana
"I hardly notice the choking dust or the grit that has accumulated
within my mouth; I just do my job. Exhale, kill, inhale and repeat; my
job is quite simple."

*_Medieval Club Fights & Feasts With Honor_*
<http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/articles/2007/08/24/features/weekender/360f85811a4ffd488725734000644983.txt>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Star Tribune, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Balthazar plunged his sword into Eban's leg. Eban dropped to his knees
but buried his axe in Balthazar's arm on the way down. The sweat flowed.
It was way too hot to be fighting. So they stood up, walked over to the
cooler and grabbed a Gatorade.

*_Medieval Times Live On_*
<http://www.ocolly.com/2007/08/30/medieval-times-live-on-as-groups-offer-demonstration-education/>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Daily O'Collegian, Stillwater, Oklahoma
"It feels good; I like learning about stuff like this," Doughty said
after shooting a crossbow at an armored woman.

*_Reliving Olden Days & Knights_*
<http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/chester/nabes/20070902_Reliving_olden_days_and_knights.html>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Philly.com, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
"At events, a woman will be greeted with a kiss on the hand, or a man
will make sure a woman won't be walking back to her tent in the dark.
It's a good value system that you don't see all the time today."

*_History Comes Alive Through SCA_*
<http://www.dailydemocrat.com/entertainment/ci_6791491>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Daily Democrat, Woodland, California
A favorite activity is the Drag Race, where women are men and men seem
to be rather scantily clad and somewhat ugly belly dancers.

<http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/life/story.html?id=26878f59-a59d-435d-8eb7-1b3fae29baba&k=98244>*_Modern
Day Artisans Bring Middle Ages to Life_*
<http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/life/story.html?id=26878f59-a59d-435d-8eb7-1b3fae29baba&k=98244>_
<http://www.faireinthegrove.com/>_
Times Colonist, Ontario, Canada
Tonight, the time travellers are exhausted. They have recently returned
from a cross-continental drive to and from New Castle, Penn., where they
joined more than 11,000 re-creators for the 17-day Pennsic War XXXVI.

*__* <http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695194988,00.html>_*
<http://www.kansan.com/stories/2007/jul/11/local_history_geeks_celebrate_anachromism/>*__*
<http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2186&Itemid=99>*_*/_Link
of the week_/**  Brobdignagian Bards: http://www.thebards.net/music/*
<http://gotmedieval.blogspot.com/>
*/_Video of the week_/* **Pennsic XXXVI Slideshow:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=w22unlw.zbnfkrg&x=0&y=j5ksr8
<http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=w22unlw.zbnfkrg&x=0&y=j5ksr8>**
<http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=w22unlw.zbnfkrg&x=0&y=j5ksr8>**
****
/SCA in the News courtesy of Gyles de Blair
<http://www.manor.frodelius.com>, //Barony of Delftwood
<http://www.delftwood.org/>, Kingdom of Aethlemearc
<http://www.aethelmearc.org>/