[Ansteorra] Flash Photography at events

Gwynafwy Sinclaire gwynafwy26 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 13:30:20 PDT 2007

Yes, a flash can be obtrusive at times but it is a
necessary evil at times as well.
Take it from me - a photographer in my mundane life.
I intrude with my camera and flash everywhere.  LOL
I have come to the realization that someone in the
future (near or far) will want this or that picture -
that they "will" just have to deal with the flash.  I
have people request pictures from me all the time and
visa versa.

The reasoning behind this is:
 1.  If you don't use a flash what is the use of
taking a camera in the first place - other than taking
day time pictures.
and
2.  If you don't use a flash and take night/evening
pictures anyway "people" will be upset that "their
picture" or what they think is a very "memorable
moment" will be dark, grainy and/or blurry.  In other
words yucky! - and again why bother.  I know this from
personal experience. :)

I wish to say sorry now to those that may disagree and
want to keep closer to the reason why we play - I
understand and agree with that idea.  But please
understand that we, as a whole, also need to keep a
record of "our way of life" for future generations.

My suggestion to you, Collwyn, is to limit how many
pictures you take during, lets say an evening Court,
and/or maybe talk to a member(s) of the entourage and
let them know what you will be doing so when the time
comes any Royalty and staff will not be taken by
surprise by the flash.

I hope that this will help ease your mind abit about
things.

To the Dream,
Gwynafwy