[Ansteorra] Suggestion - Re: Flash Photography at events

Aislinn aislinnofcravenhest at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 16:19:00 PDT 2007

A suggestion good gentles,,,,,ask the Nobles holding the court if they would mind posing  for "after shots".  This would not interfere with the ambiance of court or disturb those gentles that have been called forth.  Please keep in mind that they also would like to get to the after party, so keep it short.

  We all have family members or friends that for whatever reason could not attend and the only way to share is to take pictures.  Even though a good Bards tale of the event is very welcome.

  My 2 pence worth,

  Aislinn of Cravenhest

L T <ldeerslayer at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Many times lighting is bad because it if often the last thing thought of when court is put together....

It might help everyone if you could figure out a way to do lighting
that was not too "modern"... and offer it to those arranging court.

Much of court gets missed by the populace as well as the those who wish to record court because of lack of lighting.

L DeerSlayer

Richard Threlkeld wrote: I take a lot of pictures at events. I really try to avoid the use of flash.
That means I only get a few good pictures from most evening courts. I
usually ask the noble presiding about their feelings on flash. I point out
that I will not be able to get many pictures of any quality without it.
Sometimes they will ask you to only use it for major activity like
elevations. Other times they may ask you to not use flash at all.

To some extent it depends on the attempt they have made at making a period
court. If they are outside with only torches to light the area and are
really trying for a certain mood, then you should probably not use flash as
it will destroy what they are trying to achieve. If you are in a modern hall
with overhead lighting and they are using an electronic sound system, then
there is no mood to disrupt.

Use some discretion and get some rules from the noble.

Just my $0.02,
Caelin on Andrede