[Ansteorra] Garb Help

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 15:09:29 PDT 2007

On Sep 16, 2007, at 11:31 AM, HLDarcy wrote:

> I will soon be making my 1st Elizabethan garb and I need a source
> for a hoop petticoat.  If someone could direct me to a web page to
> either purchase one or with directions for making one I would be
> very appreciative.

There is this file in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium that
has some useful comments and ideas. For instance, metal banding,
often used in shipping pallets of materials can often be gotten for
free, but being uncoated it is subject to rusting and thus has to be
removed before the clothing can be washed. Coated bands are available
online, etc.

hoops-msg         (23K)  6/27/97    Period and SCA hoopskirts. Hoop
sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/hoops-msg.html

If the folks that have already emailed HL Darcy, would forward me
their comments, I'd love to have them to possibly add to this file,
or other appropriate files. I'm sure there are others across the
Known World with similar questions.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------