[Ansteorra] searching for information tambour lace working

Donna Nesbit themaefare at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 21:04:43 PDT 2007

After reading some directions, I remember doing this many years ago--I just didn't know what it was.

  I found one website that gives very basic directions among some history.  The site is http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/TambourID

  Penelope

kwcw3f at peoplepc.com wrote:
  Greetings all,
I am soooo wanting to learn tambour lace-making... I think that I aquired a tambour hook in a bunch of hooks and needles I was given recently. Looks like the finest crochet hook I have ever seen, and old -metal has darkened and the handle is of bone.
I looked up 'tambour lace,' 'Limerick lace,' 'tambour embroidery,' 'tulle lace,' and anything else I can think of, and find NOTHING online to help me out but pictures from museums. I seek the "how-to" end of the craft. Does ANYONE know of any sites that can help me? Or resources offline, books, whatever... I would so like some pointers and/ or encouragement. It seems like such a neat craft, I would like to learn. I am just running into brick walls, so to speak. Any help is appreciated.
Many thanks for attention given to my plight.
Ldy Meresankh, Bordermarch