[Ansteorra] searching for information tambour lace working

Vicki Marsh vmarsh at twmarsh.net
Sat Sep 22 21:37:27 PDT 2007

Hmmm.

I did a search on Google.com using the term "Tambour Lace" in quotation
marks and found the following links:

http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/TamboutID.html

Which led me to the Lacis website where I searched on 'tambour':
http://www.lacis.com/catalog/

Also, by searching on Amazon.com, I came across this reference:
Title: Coggeshall tambour lace : a short history Author: Dudding, Jean
Accession Number: 53822351
Dudding, Jean. 2003. Coggeshall tambour lace: a short history. Essex:
Writing Life.
ISBN 10: 0954446534

World Cat shows 1 copy at the BRITISH LIBR United Kingdom

Further searching on Coggeshall AND Lace as Keywords found what I think you
are looking for:

Dudding, Jean D. 1979. Creating Coggeshall lace. Braintree, Eng: the Author.

Creating Coggeshall lace /
Author(s): Dudding, Jean D.
Publication: Braintree, Eng. : the Author,
Year: 1979
Language: English
 SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor: Lace and lace making -- Patterns.
Note(s): Cover title.
Class Descriptors: LC: NK9404
Responsibility: Jean Dudding.
Document Type: Book
Entry: 19830126
Update: 20040331
Accession No: OCLC: 9163930
Database: WorldCat

This book can be requested through Inter-Library Loan from your local
library.
The following libraries have a copy:
Location  	Library  				Code
US,AL 	UNIV OF N ALABAMA 		ANO

US,NC 	UNIV OF N CAROLINA, GREENSBORO NGU

US,NY 	CORNELL UNIV 			COO
US,NY 	SUNY COL AT ONEONTA 		ZBM

US,OH 	MIAMI UNIV 				MIA

The City of Beaumont Library webpage has a link to the TexShare Databases
(along with the username and password) and you can access WorldCat from
there. http://www.cityofbeaumont.com/Library.htm is the home page for that
library and it states that they do allow for Interlibrary Loans there.

Good Luck!

Librarian-in-Training,

Mistress Xene Theriane
P.s. I'm not too sure about how period this lace is, but these resources
should help.