[Ansteorra] idea that needs a home

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Apr 8 01:39:18 PDT 2008

Dear Folks
I had an idea for an activity at an event that I thought would be great but my heath won't let me get it off the ground. Maybe one of you would like to adopt the idea and give it a home.
One of the things that used to make the SCA fun was finding "treasures" for our tables and campsites and showing them off to our friends.
I wanted to have a "trash and Treasure" contest. And it would work this way
We would bring in things that we have acquired in the last year along with a short description of why we feel this a "period" find.For example I found a hobnail green glass that looks very much like a period piece in the Corning Museum. We would get together and decide who had the best treasure and give them bragging rights. If we lucky we might be able to talk some Laurels like Mistress Branywn to come and look at our stuff. Having some experts could turn the activity into an SCA version of the antique road show. I just love looking at people's great finds and I miss the sharing of our treasures.
The Elfsea culture camps used to great for showing off our finds because often we would spotlight them to make our camps look better.  Also it was fun to share knowledge.
I would organize this activity but I keep getting sick and can't keep all my ducks in a row.
Willow de Wisp