[Ansteorra] Reproducing Buttons

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 10:14:00 PDT 2008

<<Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:52:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brandon McDermott <brandonsmcd at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Reproducing Buttons
To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
I have access to to a pewter casting house, as well as my own vulcanizer and mold frames. 2 hours to make a mold. ,you would need 2. One as a master mold to make 10-20 pcs, the second would be a production mold. It might take 10min. to cast 100 pcs. I would be glad to split the rubber cost (about $10 per mold) as I too need to copy some buttons. I would have to check the cost of pewter to know what it is a pound now (close to $10).
Lochlan>>

  Ooohh! You have a vulcanizer!!  I have a centrifuge, an ultrasonic cleaner and a burn-out kiln (which I actually use for enamels right now).  We'll have to setup a play-date. :-)
  Sounds like the buttons are wanted to be reproduced with the current design; so I agree that the mold making method is the best over a cast in soapstone, to retain the design image.  Else, you may want to just do a search for more buttons online or perhaps check with Mstr. Rondinella (Bryn Gwlad) who sells buttons and may have your pattern.
  Hillary