[Ansteorra] Reproducing Buttons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 21:57:51 PDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 7:52 PM, Brandon McDermott wrote:
> I have access to to a pewter casting house, as well as my own
> vulcanizer and mold frames. 2 hours to make a mold. ,you would need
> 2. One as a master mold to make 10-20 pcs, the second would be a
> production mold. It might take 10min. to cast 100 pcs. I would be
> glad to split the rubber cost (about $10 per mold) as I too need to
> copy some buttons. I would have to check the cost of pewter to know
> what it is a pound now (close to $10).
>
> Lochlan

Likely more in small quantities (ie: 1 pound spools) for lead-free
pewter. The price of lead-free pewter has doubled in the last three
years. I've been buying my pewter in seven pound bars for 8 or 9
dollars plus shipping from Hallmark Metals several months ago.

This file in the CRAFTS section of the Florilegium lists a number of
different sources.
pewter-msg        (22K)  2/ 8/08    Pewter in period. References.
Sources.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pewter-msg.html

Stefan
--------