[Ansteorra] Stargate/Loch Soillier Baronial

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 02:53:32 PDT 2008

Long ago, when wild beasts yet roamed the veld, the powers of the universe
gathered in moot.  "It would be meet," said one, "that those to the south
stand alone from the hairy creatures of the north."  "I note a dark star
about to rise in the south," said another. "What it omens, I know not."

"Let us build a tower . . . nay! Let us build two towers in the south.  Let
us build them so that the star might rise between them.  And let us give
them rattan and other implements of combat that they might show their
mettle."  Let us place a lake of clearest water to the south.  And it was
so.  The towers they named "Stargate," the star they named "Ansteorra," and
the lake they called Loch Soillier.  And they looked to one another and
said, "We done good, Bubba!"
No sh_ _!  We were there.

Not really, but there are those who still play in Stargate who were.  And we
hope to see them, and you! as Stargate holds her 35th Baronial Championship,
joined by our good friends and neighbors in Loch Soillier who will also name
their martial Champions.   Each barony will choose champions in Chivalric,
Rapier, Equestrian and Archery.  We have asked our current champions to
provide us with multiple scenarios so that we might chose new champions on
the basis of prowess, chivalry, and flair.

For more information please see:
http://stargate.ansteorra.org/baronial08/index.shtml

We hope to see you there!

~ihon & Isabeau~