[Ansteorra] Saturday's Party

Fiona the Needleworker danab-steppes at tx.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 17:33:20 PDT 2008

Please, for those that are over 21 and will wish to drink, if you are
going to be bringing alcohol (which we have been authorized to have),
please make sure you bring your ID. I will be monitoring that. I will
have to. We will potentially have college students joining us, and
even if I know you, I will be checking for those ID's once, and making
note of who I have checked, so that we are safe under TABC rules.

I think Faelan had said something about bringing homemade beer? He'll
have to be the one to verify that. I have picked up some basic
condiments, dill and sweet pickle relish for those that have dogs with
them. Mayo and mustard have also been picked up. I do not have dill
pickle chips for burgers. They're just regular size bottles, so if
anyone else has anything special they want for their meal, please
bring it. I will be going and purchasing ice this evening and taking
it to the clubhouse and throwing it in the freezer so that we'll have
it tomorrow.

I have invited some of the folks I work with in the Bursar's office,
the staff for my apartment complex (like 10 of 'em) and I am waiting
to hear back from the President of my APO group. I'll be putting up a
couple of flyers at the apartments tonight at the mailing center so
they know they are welcome to come down and join us, since we'll be in
their phase.

Please, bring drums if you have 'em, we'll try to get some drumming
going. Dancers, this is a call to you to do your thing. :) Let's show
these college folks what the SCA is about to some degree without being
formal in doing so :) And maybe get more members up for Steppes. :) Yay!

Call me tonight if you have any concerns. We will be allowed in at
10:30am to start getting things ready for tomorrow. :)

Dana
469-222-9236