[Ansteorra] Templars vs Vatican

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:05:09 PDT 2008

I've heard this one before.  There actually have been Catholic Freemasons.
The Masons seem never to have had a problem admitting Catholics into their
ranks, but the Catholic Church has opposed its own members joining the
Freemasons.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who worked for years for the Archbishop of Salzburg
and composed countless pieces of moving sacred music, was a member of the
Freemasons.  His membership in the order, in fact, may provide more
explanation for his burial in an unmarked grave than his alleged poverty at
the time of his death.  The Catholic Church, it appears, would not allow
Masons to be buried in consecrated ground.

I've only heard of the connection between Templars and Freemasons in
passing.  What exactly is that connection?

DT+LF
Detlef von Marburg

On 8/6/08, Mike Wyvill <wyvillmike at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Since most theories revolve around the Templars being the Freemasons, then
> no. They aren;t Catholic.
>
> Engenulf
>

> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me> From:
> tarasiusofgalata2 at sbcglobal.net> To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date:
> Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:20:38 -0500> Subject: [Ansteorra] Templars vs Vatican> >
> I miss spoke I always get the Benedictines and Domicans confused, However
> now days the Jesuits are the Church Lawyers. But it fun to think of the
> results. I wonder if the modern Templars are all good Catholics or even of
> the Orthodox faith?> _______________________________________________>

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11