[Ansteorra] MSKD: the Myth Adventure ;)

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Mon Aug 18 11:33:26 PDT 2008

This coming weekend, the Shire of Smythkepe presents Mid Summer Knight's
Dream XVI: Mythical Mayhem.

Thrill to the Mythic Battles, to Sheep Ball and  to the Smythkepe Defender
Rapier Tourney!

See Gleann Abhann's finest warriors compete for fame and fortune (well fame,
at least) in the Gleann Abhann Grand Tourney Qualifier!

For those who prefer a little less violence in their competitions, we offer
a gaming tourney (we'll tell which ones when you get there. Why spoil the
surprise?)

Partake of such edible delacasies as the Golden Apples of Hesperides,
Stymphalian Birds, Cretian Bull and Erymanthian Boar. Why, there'll be so
much food, it will take a Herculean effort to finish.

For those of more scholarly pursuits, we offer Autocratting 101, Peer
Spotting for Dummies,  Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Persephone's
Fruit-The Pomegranate in Mythology, Symbolism, and Culture.

After a hot day of fighting, relax in our on-site pool (or CE-ment pond if
you're from the south).

The pool will also be open Friday evening as well as for Children's
Activities on Saturday morning.

Saturday morning also features the Wedding of Le Seigneur Regné de Lyon and
Lady Quataryna la Petita.

The A&S competiton will be a static competition: best representation of a
myth or legend in any medium (must provide the myth).

And prepare yourselves for the Herb Guild's "scratch & sniff" competition.

That's THIS coming weekend August 22-24 at Shoal Creek Youth Camp near New
Blaine, AR . Full directions can be found here:
http://www.smythkepe.org/mskd/info.htm  . Those using the magic of GPS, your
coordinates are:    35°16'58.87"N LAT     93°28'15.05"W LONG .

Site fees are as follows:

Adult with Feast: $21

Children under 12 with Feast $15

Off-board (NO Feast) Deduct $6  (but do you really want a Sonic burger?)

Please add $3 for non-SCA members

(Remember: Basic Site Fee includes all meals except Feast)

Feast spaces are still available but limited to 100 people

"Community" cabin space is also still available and limited to 96 (no
additional charge)

Unlimited camping space available.

Merchants welcome! Please contact the Autocrat Ld James Cooke the Sinister
( jimmy_cook2000 -at- yahoo.com ) for information.

This event is NOT to be mythed!