[Ansteorra] Steppes Artisan results

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 15:08:24 PDT 2008

To the Populace of the Steppes do I, Katheryn send you greetings

This year's Artisan showcased some wonderful works of art displayed by some magnificent artists. My humble thanks to everyone for showing their impressive displays to our attendees, including some folks that showed for the first time and some fantastic artists that we had the pleasure of seeing again.

Congratulations goes to Mistress Rhiannon ferch Cian of Rosenfeld for being named the newest Steppes Artisan. She had a wonderful display including all sorts of fiber arts.  My favorite items were the lovely stockings and the wonderful fishing flies.

Baroness Alys Durivau was the winner of the Steppes Tyro (Novice) entry with her beautiful scroll.  It was a fantastic scroll with a great deal of lovely goldwork.  Congratulations!

Lord Faelen, Lord Dietrich, Lady Annwn and Lady Susanna all received their acorns in court for their hard work and dedication to the Steppes. Vivat for you all!

Maerwyn Godcild and Klara of the Steppes were awarded an Award of Arms by Their Majesties Ulsted and Ebergardis via the hands of their heirs, Their Highnesses Gunthar and Elizabeth.  Welcome to our newest Ladies.

My thanks to Mistress Genevieve de Courtanvaux for hard work as event steward and special thanks to all of those who graciously supported her. Thanks also to all Steppes Artisans for helping judge this year's competition.

With great affection,
Katheryn
Baroness of the Steppes