[Ansteorra] catapult question

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Fri Aug 1 14:34:33 PDT 2008

The Society Siege Rules are available via
http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/index.html

They are pretty complete and easy to follow as far as what constitutes a
legal siege engine and what legal ammo.

I would suggest you read through that to get an idea of where you need
to start and then contact the Kingdom Missile Marshal who can point you
to the Siege Marshals closest to you.

In short to be allowed on the field the engine and the ammo must adhere
to the society guidelines noted above and pass an inspection.  The
engine must be crewed by the appropriate number of properly authorized
Siege Combattants.  Your typical catapult is going to require 3 siege
engineers to operate it and all they will need to be fully armored, full
contact participants.

Regards,

-EA