[Ansteorra] Templar vs Vatican

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:49:58 PDT 2008

I don't know about the "last visit of the Benedictines".

What role did the OSB actually play in any Inquisition?

The impression I've gotten from my reading on the subjects involved is that
the Dominicans (OP--the Order of Preachers, NOT the Order of the Pelican)
played a more prominent role than any other religious order in the various
inquisitions from the time of their founding in the early 13th century.
Whatever influence the Benedictines had on Christendom had long waned by
then.

DT+LF
Detlef von Marburg

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Tarasius Galata <
tarasiusofgalata2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  The Pope could Send in the Jesuits and Benedictines, The Jesuits have the
> lawyers and we know about the Last visit of the Benedictines on behave of
> the Holy Office, (The Inquisitors). Of course he could excommunicate them
> again. I think that the Templars got mixed up in the Cathar Heresy and led
> to all sorts of fun in France.
>
> Moderation in All things especially moderation.
> Tarasius of Galata

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.