[Ansteorra] Templar vs Vatican

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 09:10:10 PDT 2008

There are worse things than being associated with the Order of Preachers.

Because of the air of formidability coming from their association with
medieval inquisitions, I don't think even the Mafia messes with the Order of
Preachers.

When I tell my students that I know what nuns are for, and that if they
don't shape up I'm telling their parents, I have Dominicans in mind.

If I remember correctly, The Singing Nun was a Dominican (hence the title of
her big hit).

DT+LF

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Mike Andrews W5EGO <mikea at mikea.ath.cx>wrote:

> Aha! Now we need to spread the rumor that the Pelicans are actually
> related to the Dominicans, and then stand back.
>
> --
> Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
> mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO
> Tired old music Laurel; Chirurgeon; SCAdian since AS XI

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,