[Ansteorra] OT OOP best way around DFW

Barbara W alysd38 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 29 07:47:27 PDT 2008

It really depends where you are coming from as well.  Time of day is crucial. If you are coming from the south hitting Dallas around 7:30PM, go on up 75.  If you are coming at rush hour there is no good way, traffic north bound on 75 at rush hour can be really slow. Traffic in 635 at rush hour WILL be very slow.

Honestly, if I were going to Sherman at rush hour I'd still take 75 north.  It can be slow, but it is direct. Any other way you go it will be slow and indirect.  I guess if you really didn't care about miles and were determined to stay out of dallas traffic you could go up 35W through Fort Worth up to Denton then take 380 east to 75 north onto Sherman. Traffic through Fort Worth at rush hour is slow on 35, but only for about 10 miles.

Hope that is in some way helpful.

Alys