[Ansteorra] 12th Night

Primary Autocrat 12thNightStewards at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:57:51 PST 2008

Greetings unto the goode and noble people of Ansteorra,

 from Sir Hrafn and Sior Tomas, event stewards for Central Regional 12thNight

    We wish to take this opportunity to invite all of you to join us in
celebrating 12th Night this coming year.  As Carnivale in Venice is known to
have run from Christmas to Easter, during part of our Period, our theme is
"Carnivale".  All of the traditional contests are scheduled and we are also
honored to host the kingdom Eisteddfod, where the next Premier Bard of
Ansteorra will be determined.

     But that is not all! When the Eisteddfod is over the bardic stage and
performance room will be made available for European dancing. There will be
some classes earlier in the day, as well as a casinò and period gaming
tables.  For the youth of the kingdom we will have children's activities
during the day as well. Also, let's not forget Merchant's row, please visit
each shop present to see what they have to offer.

   Any worthy celebration during this time of year needs food and our
planned feast will be a delightful tantalization of your senses.  There are
four full removes planned, from the prominent city states of the period
(Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome). This immense undertaking will last
throughout the day.

    We are excited to say that this event is being hosted at The Bob Duncan
Center, located at 2800 South Center Street in Arlington, TX. This is
conveniently located near I-20 in Arlington just off Matlock Rd in
Vandergriff Park.  Maps and direction can be found on the event website
(link attached later in this missive).

      Gate opens at 10 am, anyone arriving early may volunteer to help the
setup crew while waiting for gate to open.  The event will end at 8:30pm
with doors closed at 9 pm. Our tear down coordinator will appreciate anyone
who wishes to help during those 30 minutes.

    We are strongly encouraging pre reservations, for both site and feast.
These numbers will be used to determine how many people feast will be
prepared for and the amount of food to purchase and how many chairs to have
the facility set up for us.  The site charges us per chair, so in order to
keep costs down we do not want to overestimate the number of chairs needed.

   Other questions that you might have:

 What are the benefits of pre-reserving?

First, even though the fees for this event are really low, by pre-reserving
you receive a $1.00 discount on an adult site fee, and a $2.00 discount on
the feast fee.

 Second, a feast pre-reservation guarantees you will get to participate in
the wonders our feast Steward has in store. Availability of "day of" feast
is very limited.

    Is there separate seating for those who are eating feast and those who
are not?

 No, we feel 12th night is a celebration of friends and family. Sit with
whomever you like, but only those who have purchased feast will get to
experience all that the feast has to offer.

When do Pre-Reservations close?

Feast Pre-Reservations close December 15th, to allow the Feast Steward time
to prepare her delicious food. This is later than previously published
allowing more opportunity to participate.

Site Pre-Reservations close December 31st, just days before the event, so
please Pre-Reserve. But if you still can not please email us to let us know
you are coming (email address can be found at bottom of message).

If I Pre-Reserve, can I get a refund if I can not make the event?

Unfortunately, refunds of feast can not be given after pre-reservations
close on Dec 15th as that money will already be spent on the food before the
event happens.  Site fee refunds need to be requested no later than Dec 31st,
since we will incur costs based on the number chairs that are needed, and we
have to provide that information to the site. We hope that allowing people
to pre-reserve up to two weeks before the event for feast, and 3 days before
the event for site fees, will minimize the need for refunds.

Are there any site restrictions?

Due to very large additional fees, site is dry, so unfortunately we do not
want to see any alcohol.

No open flames are permitted on this site, so when decorating your tables
candles may not be lit.

    Where can I find out more information?

 http://www.timelessbeads.net/12thNight2009/Frameset.htm

 We are endeavoring to ensure that the latest and most accurate information
is available on the event website. This is to ensure everyone has equal
access to information at anytime. Additionally, great information is coming
in on a daily basis. As these details come in they are being updated on the
website, so check back often.  Included on this site are the fees for the
event, both "Day of" as listed in the Black Star and Pre-reserve as listed
with ACCEPS.

 On the site we have also included the contact info of the various staff
coordinators for each activity during the day, including the registrar who
is responsible for all pre-reservations as well as gate. Should you have any
activity specific questions after looking at the site please feel free to
contact our coordinators or us.

 If you have any questions, feel free to contact us, the Stewards, at:

12thNightStewards at gmail.com

We look forward to seeing all of you there and happy holidays.

Sir Hrafn & Sior Tomas