[Ansteorra] for the armourers

Jay Yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Sat Dec 6 08:48:01 PST 2008

Check out this new material technology.  when it becomes more available, if integrated into ones combat armour it can have *major* implications for making scadian sport combat far safer than it has been to date.

http://www.d3o.com/

from the reading I have done so far, it would be the perfect "padding" under the steel (properly protected from abrasion) .. especially for joints, hands and *head* (check the video of the guy getting whacked on the head and knees with a shovel wearing a soft ski hat and with knee & thigh padding built into the ski pants ...)

soon as I can afford it, will be upgrading my motorcycling, cycling and street skate gear (products already available) .. and I definitely want my next set of ballistic armour to have a layer of this stuff behind the ballistic fabric (wonder how it would work behind the new "dragon skin" stuff???).

'wolf
... "the street finds uses for things"