[Ansteorra] Survived Bordermarch

Sher M runa.herd at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 11:26:47 PST 2008

I must admit that this last Bordermarch was worth every memory and pain that was felt.  I know I'm a stubborn old cuss but even I didn't realize just how stubborn.  My appologies to anyone to whom I was cranky or abrupt.  After returning home that Sunday afternoon I couldn't understand why I hurt so much.  I gave up and went to the doctor on Monday.  (Note to self:  Throw away or give away empty plastic flowerpots)  It turns out that on the Tuesday before Bordermarch when I was rudely attacked by a flowerpot and thrown viciously to the ground I was injured.  I was so proud that I threw the firewood I was carrying out of my arms and out of the path of my fall.  Nothing seemed to be broken and it was too dark for the neighbors to seem me go arse over tea kettle.

However... being 5'10" tall it is still a long way to the ground, even grass covered ground.  I managed to crack 2 ribs on my right side and sprained a pectoral muscle on the same side.  Yes, I sprained "that".  You really do not want to know the words I used when the doctor poked the ribs and muscle with his finger.  Enough to say that his nurse fell out laughing at his expression.  I've finally healed to the point where I don't walk around holding my right er hmm 'pectoral muscle'.

Which also explains why it was so totally impossible to kneel before Their Majesties et al.  It would have taken every Heavy Fighter to get me back up and ear plugs for everyone in the Court.  I do hope that everyone noticed how red my face turned (hopefully it will be the last time it happens).  I was so embarassed with the honor bestowed me that all I could do was blush (to the point my glasses fogged up).

Lady Runa of the Thundering Herd
http://runa-herd.livejournal.com
http://thethunderingherd.net
www.bedlambazaar.com