[Ansteorra] Fw: [Gleann Abhann] Gulf Wars BBQ Announcement

Emma Haldan emma.haldan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:39:28 PST 2008

Yes, it is an Anachronism, like chocolate chip cookies. (Not chocolate, just
the chips and cookies.)

However, BBQ, Barbacoa, goes back to 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean
blue. Some of the natives he encountered, whose name I can't remember, I am
sorry, cooked fish and meat over coals and smoke, and called it Barbacoa,
which is where we get the word from.

Or so it has been told unto me....

Emma Haldan

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Patrick Callahan <naspiritwalker at prodigy.net