[Ansteorra] Probably moving (in)

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:57:59 PST 2008

Smaller liberal arts colleges are the way to go, if you can afford it
(better still if you have funding).  I've always heard glowing reports about
TLU.  They are one of two Lutheran universities in the state (TLU is ELCA;
Concordia University, which is in Austin, is associated with the Lutheran
Church-Missouri Synod, and they've recently relocated to a much larger
campus on the outskirts of Austin).  Will you be working on a pre-seminary
degree?

Seguin is also not very far at all from San Marcos, home to Texas State
University (I don't care how many times they change their name; I went there
for my secondary certification, and it will always be The Party School).
Seguin is also about a half hour's drive from San Antonio, so you will be
close to the Shire of Fynnon Gath (forgive the atrocious spelling...I do
well to get English down when I can!) and the Barony of Bjornsborg.

When is your ETA for Seguin?

Pax et bonum,
DT+LF
Detlef von Marburg

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Giertrud Gyldenstierne
<giertrud at gmail.com>wrote:

> I plan on studying the Greek and Hebrew most likely.  It is the atmosphere
> like too...
>
> YIS,
>
> Giertrud Gyldenstierne
>
> God is my lyght and saluation, whom then shall I feare? God is the strength
> of my life, of whom then shall I be afraide?

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!

Beowulf, 1-11