[Ansteorra] Activity During Kingdom A&S Saturday Feb 9

Linda P matilda62 at tx.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 01:12:10 PST 2008

Greetings to Ansteaorra and Her Baronies, Cantons, and Shires!

An Invitation from Lady Matilda Merriwether, Barony of the Steppes:

I will be hosting a fun and creative activity at Kingdom A & S.  Please come
by and join in.  Stay an hour, stay the day, stay 15 minutes - whatever
you'd like.

WHAT:     We will be starting the By You "Tapestry".   The idea is to gather
and inspire members of The Kingdom of Ansteorra to *paint* a Bayeux
Tapestry-inspired banner.  I'm calling it the “By-You Tapestry ( By You and
You and YOU)”.  The activity will be similar to scroll painting only on a
bigger, less delicate scale.

WHY:    This is a chance to incorporate your own ideas into a piece of
Ansteorran history.  For inspiration consider your:  art, children,
Ladywife, Lord, persona, Queen or King, Baron/Baroness, daily life in your
lands and time-period, holidays/celebrations/battles, your anachronistic
medieval imaginings, et al.

WHO:     Artisans and Non-Artisans alike – anyone who can draw, paint, or
conceptualize.  (If prep-time permits, there will be a children’s
banner-canvas available as well.  Parents are strongly urged to stay and
supervise young artists.)

WHERE:  Kingdom Arts & Sciences in Tulsa, OK.  Look for the By You
"Tapestry" table in the common area.

WHEN:   Saturday February 9th beginning at 10 am.

I will provide the prepared canvas, some pictures of the Bayeux Tapestry as
examples, paints in appropriate colors, paint brushes, and miscellaneous art
supplies. Please bring along your ideas and your imagination.  If you are a
talented sketcher, that's even better!  The canvas is 20” high (this can
include painted borders as needed), and we will begin with a 6 foot length.
If there is enough interest, we will continue in 6’ lengths for the next
year.  A second 20” X 6’ canvas will be available at Kingdom A&S just in
case…

If you have questions or comments, please contact me at HYPERLINK
"mailto:matilda62 at tx.rr.com"matilda62 at tx.rr.com.  I am looking forward to
meeting many of you as we start on this exciting adventure!

In Service,  Lady Matilda Merriwether

Please feel free to cross post this e-mail and spread the word to all who
might be interested.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:49 PM