[Ansteorra] Edward II - Tangent disastrous events

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:19:36 PST 2008

I did a quick search out of curiousity and found this link:
http://www.historyhouse.com/in_history/edward_ii/

In it, there is a paragraph of the coronation ceremony organized by Edward's
alleged lover that sounds a lot like a really bad SCA event...some things
never change:

"As it turned out, Gaveston had also insisted upon coordinating the entire
event [Edward's coronation], and he flubbed it completely. The ceremony ran
over by three full hours and was short of seats, forcing nobility to stand.
Standing room in the back was so crowded that a knight was suffocated
underfoot.[10] <http://www.historyhouse.com/in_history/edward_ii/#foot10>Even
with the extra time, the banquet wasn't ready when it finished: it was
dusk by the time anyone ate. Food was poorly cooked and service stank."

Ysabeau