[Ansteorra] jewelry mavens 1150

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Feb 5 14:17:16 PST 2008

For  all you jewelry mavens and just interested people. If you want to look at examples go to  Raymond the Quiet's site. Everything is labeled as to the time period and everything seems proper. i like to look at example and try to get my eyes used to a certain time period.
I have been pitching a A&S idea in the Elfsea area for 12 years .I haven't been able to get it OKed and I don't know if it would work, but  I think it would be fun. I would like us to have  a collection contest.This is similar to some of the contest they used to have at the Japanese Court. Those of us who have jewelry collections would chose examples that fit into a peculiar time period and make up our display. We would be judged on how true to the period our collection was . We would be required to defend our collection. For example we would put the collection out and  the populace could view it and then a limited number of collections would get into the finals and the individuals would stand up and describe their pieces where they came from and why they thought they were period.
The really nice thing would we could look at other peoples collections and we could learn about period jewelry.
I also wanted to do this with feast settings. I think something like this would be fun at an A&S event.
willow