[Ansteorra] Gulf War Rapier Rose Breakfast and Tourney

Lisa A. May maaggie1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:17:47 PST 2008

Greetings to the Queens, Princesses and Roses of the Known World from
the Members of the Order of the Rose in Ansteorra!

We would like to cordially invite you to be our guests for a
champagne breakfast and to watch the traditional Ansteorran-hosted
Rose Rapier Tourney at Gulf War this year.  The breakfast will start
at 9:00 on Thursday morning, and the Rapier Tourney will start no
later than 9:30.  Each of you may sponsor a maximum of two fighters
into the Rose list.  One may be a white scarf (or equivalent), and
the other must be a non-scarf.  You may sponsor two non-scarf
fighters if you wish.  No fighter may enter the list without a Rose
sponsor (we will accept your written request to allow entry of your
fighters if you cannot be there).  Ladies who are currently sitting
the throne and Their Heirs may, of course, sponsor whomsoever They
wish, but we humbly beseech You to be discriminating in Your choices
- the tournament usually numbers nearly 100 fighters, and we only
have so much time!

Greetings to the fearless and gallant members of the rapier community
of the Known World!

The Order of the Rose greatly looks forward to your participation in
our tourney at Gulf War this year!  Armor inspection and list sign-up
will start at 8:30, and the tournament will start promptly at 9:30.
Each entrant must be sponsored by a member of the Order of the Rose,
or by a current Queen or Princess.  If your Rose cannot be present,
we require her written request to allow you to enter the list.  It's
a joy and a pleasure to host this tournament each year, and we would
be honored to observe your displays of swordsmanship and chivalry.
It's always so much fun to watch you all at your best, striving
against the most renowned fighters the Known World has to offer!!

We are scheduled against archery war points this year, but we hope
the conflict will not prevent any worthy gentle from participating in
the Rose Tourney.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me
directly, and please forward this announcement to any list you feel
may find it of interest.  We hope to see you all there on Thursday
morning!  In service to the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra,

Countess Margaret ny Connor
on behalf of the Ansteorran Order of the Rose

maaggie1*at*gmail.com
(substitute @ for *at*)