[Ansteorra] St Valentine day lovers or love

Quill gray.quill at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:24:19 PST 2008

Concerning myths/history of the holiday, this afternoon I'll be sitting in
on a "Valentine Tea" and listening to two professors - one the director of
Medieval Studies, the other was my medieval history instructor last semester
- discourse/discuss/debate the origins of the holidays and the traditions
attributed to them. These people are absolute experts in their field, so it
should be incredibly enlightening. I've never heard, or at least paid
attention to, any of these stories before, so I'll let you know what I
learn.

As for what I personally do... this particular holiday was never of any
major importance to me. I've always resented the extreme materialism; as far
as I'm concerned, if you need the government to assign one specific day to
remember to tell your loved ones they're important to you, you might wan to
examine your relationships. (Also, I don't really eat chocolate and flowers
make me asphyxiate...) However, this year I have a girlfriend... So I'm at
least going to give Foicite's philosophy a turn:
*http://bash.org/?151227  *POTATO
FOR THE WIN!!!

/|\ Quill

--
In service to The Dream and Dreamers all,
Cuillioc /|\ "Quill"

"It is said that the Devil never crossed the Tamar into Cornwall on account
of the well-known habit of Cornish women of putting everything into a pasty,
and that he was not sufficiently courageous to risk such a fate!"

-From the cookbook _Cornish Recipes Ancient and Modern_