[Ansteorra] neat historical jewelry and glass

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Tue Feb 19 20:34:31 PST 2008

Herr William has gotten me turned on to glass. I have been looking at period glass and I found this neat site where you can buy reproductions. It also has some great period  jewelery.
 www.northerner.com/html/scg-2_1.html
It is mostly Northern but I think it is fun to look at.
One of the things about building a persona is that it is fun to find stuff for it. I found a wooden canteen today at my local thrift store and a Norse drinking bowl. I also found a belt which I am going to make into a coronet. It has feline animals on it. I have seem them in some book and know I am having a great time looking through my books to find the design.
In the old days we used to get together at business meetings and showed off our finds. Do any of you still do that?  I was hoping that maybe we could start show and tell sessions at our local fighter practices. It was a great way to learn without stress.
willow