[Ansteorra] favorite largess

george basore murray_kinsman at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 11:10:34 PST 2008

  I have a tale to tell, my favorite given.
  It happened at Red Tape, when his majesty Mahdi was
crowned for the second time.
  Let me digress, to explain that the favors I give
out to show affiliation with, membership in, or as a
sign of respect from my clann(Clann Haddock) is a
particular design of dagger.
  To show our respect for his Majesty, I presented him
with my personal dagger, explaining the I had carried
it at every event I had attended, in the then- 6 1/2
years in the SCA.  He was overwhelmed by the history
of the dagger, and was concerned the I would miss it,
so I explained that from then on, I wear the dagger
that was my mother's, before she passed from this
life.
  He does me great honor,as he still wears it.

              Ld Adm Robert Haddock:; Ansteorran Royal Navy, Ret.
          (By Wind and Wave, THIS we Shall Defend)
        Ansteorra expects we do our duty in all things.
  You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less
       To do your duty is to do everything, exactly right.