[Ansteorra] NORMAN OKLAHOMA MEDIEVAL FAIR - Your Invitation!

JOHN KELLER wolfgangvonsachsenhausen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 22:45:44 PST 2008

Greetings Good People of Ansteorra!

  The past Winter has been cold and hard and the Barony of Namron will usher in Spring by raising our encampment at the Norman OK Medieval Fair, 4-6 April.  I wish to invite each and every one of you to celebrate with us.

  Last year, nasty opening day weather could not dampen the enthusiasm of the weekend as nearly 300,000 patrons ventured to Fair, and many spent a part of their day with us, enjoying our hospitality and learning about the SCA and its people.  And while most of these good folks came from the confines of our Stellar Kingdom, many others ventured from throughout the Known World in search of Turkey Legs, world famous home made root beer and all the fun and festivity our Fair is known for.

  I extend a special invitation to all of our Fighters, both heavy and light.  Yes, this is the same weekend as Crown Tourney, but if you are not making progress to Elfsea, I invite you to brandish your skills on our List.  I promise worthy opponents and hundreds of enthusiastic spectators eager to cheer you on to victory.  Even if you are participating in Crown, consider a quick detour North on your way home Sunday.

  Artisans and Crafts people, we have a place for you as well. Fair presents a wonderful venue to display your talents and share your knowledge
with those wishing to learn.

We are fortunate to have a spacious land grant which will be turned into a spectacular Medieval encampment for the weekend, a place where the 1,000 years of our Society all fold into one great display of living history.  Please note because of space limitations we will not have room for personal pavilions, but a spacious back stage pavilion will be available for Fighters to relax and make ready.  Period chairs are more than welcome.

  To learn more about the Fair itself, please follow your electronic wizard to http://www.medievalfair.org and there you will find all the details
of this proud event.

  If you wish to join us and have any general questions or have queries about Fighting, Heavy or Light, please contact me via e-mail at wolfgangvonsachsenhausen at yahoo.com  Please use this
address and do not respond to the list post. Or if you prefer to ring, I may be reached at 405.360.4150

  And if you wish to find out more about submitting an Arts and Sciences exhibit or demo, please contact our Minister of A&S, Mistress Gwyneth of Ramsey Mere at lindseybellam at aol.com (405.364.0389 if you wish to ring).

  I can think of no better way to enjoy a Spring weekend than at Fair and Namron looks forward to seeing you.

  ***PLEASE*** If you know someone who does not have access to the news group and may be interested attending, please be sure to share this information with them.

In Service
Herr Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen
Barony of Namron