[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars Open Arts and Science Faire

Anthony N. Emmel lord_kjeran at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 19:10:58 PST 2008

Chello!

This was posted on a 14th C. list I'm part of (the Age of the
Cotehardie http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aotc/) and I just wanted to
pass it along to our fair kingdom's list. Just in case there is interest. ;)

Snaebjorn
  mka Anthony N. Emmel

*********************

Greetings,

Once again the Kingdoms of Gleann Abhann and Meridies are pleased to
host the Gulf Wars Open Arts and Science Faire. This event is opened
to artisans of all skill levels from the Knowne World. That's right -
artisans from any Kingdom.

To make things easy, there are two categories - Static and Performing
Arts.

You can display your item or perform only if you choose. To enter the
Faire, documentation is required, although there will not be any
formal judging as at a Kingdom Arts and Science competition. The
Faire will have prizes to be given. The Royalty of Meridies and
Gleann Abhann will give prizes for novice entries. The Laurels of
Gleann Abhann and Meridies plan to give prizes as well as several
guilds are sponsoring categories for prizes.

The Populace is invited to come and choose their favorite entry too
for the Static Display or for a Performing Artist.

Both Meridies and Gleann Abhann are excited to again host this event
at Gulf Wars. We wish to encourage the artisans of our Kingdoms and
the Knowne World to show off their talents and get to know artisans
from other Kingdoms.

The schedule is:

Schedule for the Gulf Wars Open A&S Faire
hosted by Meridies & Gleann Abhann at Bede Hall
Thursday March 13

8:00 – 9:30 Entrant registration for Performing Arts, Display &
Static Entries.
Setup for Static & Display Entries
10:00 to 2:00 Static Display opens to populace for viewing & voting
10:00 & 1:00 Performing Arts presentations, voting encouraged
Noon Entrants & Laurel's refreshments
3:00 Winners Announced & Artisans may pick up their
Entries
3:30 Faire is fini – Bede Hall closes

Performing Arts – Ten-minute limit from onstage to offstage

For more information contact
The Gleann Abhann contact is Mistress Jennet of Tewkesbury at:
Jennet_TewkesburyATyahoo.com or artsandsciencesATgleannabhann.sca.org
The Meridies contact is Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour at:
maudeleynATearthlink.net

For more information contact
The Meridies contact is Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour at:
maudeleynATearthlink.net

The Gleann Abhann contact is Mistress Jennet of Tewkesbury at:
Jennet_TewkesburyATyahoo.com or a&sministerATkingdomofgleannabhann.org

We hope to see YOU there!

Mistress Jennet of Tewkesbury & Mistress Maudeleyn Godeliva Taillour

Anthony N. Emmel
Scholar & Catholic Gentleman
HMGMA# TX-1-00162-01
Proud Member of Complete Logical Disconnect

Q: GM, what is good?
A: To crush the PCs, see their character sheets pile before you, and hear the lamentation of their players.

"And suppose
suppose that when rationalism does go, it’s as if a bright dazzle has gone for a while and we could see
Dark magic
A universe of marvels where water flows uphill and trolls live in the deepest woods and dragons live under the mountains."
Stephen King, The Stand