[Ansteorra] siloflex swords

Lucian Alexander stardancer1944 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 21:21:37 PST 2008

Just Google siloflex.  Loads of information.  Try this link:  http://www.google.com/search?q=siloflex&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Lucian

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote: Helena Dalassene asked:
<<< Might I beg Sir Simon to please contact me off list?  I am in
need of
your knowledge regarding a non-metal basket hilt.  I saw your sword(s)
at BAM and have a quick question about them.  We spoke briefl before
the fights on Saturday, and during, about the siloflex swords. >>>

 From time to time I've seen mention of this material. I assume this
is being used as a substitute as rattan gets more expensive or
difficult to get. In the Florlegium I have a file on rattan with
sources and how to work it. I'd like to hear some similar information
about this siloflex.

How does it compare to rattan? What are its pro? and cons? When made
into an SCA weapon does it handle differently than the same type of
weapon made of rattan? Where do you get the stuff?

If anyone has written an article on siloflex, or is willing to write
one, I'd love to consider it for the Florilegium. Or if folks want to
post messages here or by email that would work also. I think this
info might be of interest to new fighters as well as more experienced
ones across the Known World.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

No harming of any animal, vegetable or mineral occurred in the sending
of this message, however several electrons were terribly inconvenienced!