[Ansteorra] St Valentine day lovers or love

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:46:58 PST 2008

Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!!

Sorry, having spent a lot of years in singlehood, I can tell you from experience, this is the wrong way to spend this day. Treat yourself like the princess you are! Get a spa treatment if you can (take a lovely bubble bath or something like that if you can't), go to a movie or museum or something else that you would like to see....preferably NOT a romantic comedy, and take yourself out to, or prepare for yourself a sumptuous decadent dinner and/or dessert. Have a good wine to go with it and celebrate yourself. Unless you love yourself first....it's very hard or impossible to love anyone else.

When I lived in Oregon, it was a day that I would typically go walking on the beach, have a nice lunch out, and then go to the store and get the best steak I could afford and a good wine and fix myself a special dinner. It was a small town and didn't have much for entertainment options.

When love found me, I was no longer looking or even expecting to find it anymore, but I was comfortable with the idea of spending time in my own company. As it is, I am spending a second Valentine's day with my special Valentine.

BTW, the St Valentine's Day Massacre occurred in the 20th century. http://www.infoplease.com/spot/valmassacre1.html

Love to all my SCA friends and family,

Lyneya

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich