[Ansteorra] west Texas explosion

Pavel pavelcossack68 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 12:20:22 PST 2008

Lady Gwyneth,     The explosion bounced me out of bed this morning.  It took a few minutes to locate where it originated and by that time it was a black mushroom shaped cloud over the refinery.  Even though it looked like an A-bomb had gone off the general concensus was that the refinery had blown.  From the force of the shock wave I am astounded that there were no reported fatalities and only four non life-threatening injuries.  Our house is about 4 miles west of the plant.  By 20 mins after the explosion, there were flames shooting several hundred feet into the base of the rising smoke cloud.  A quick check with shire members has everyone well.
       The plant is mostly computerized, so there were no people in or close to the site of the explosion.  CNN is carrying the story with much better pix than I was able to get.
  Pavel
  Crossrode Keep
  (Big Spring)

gail young <gwynethb63 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I just saw on CNN where an oil refinery in Big Spring exploded. They say it could be seen and heard for miles and that it cracked nearby windows. Does anyone from out that way have more info?
gwyneth