[Ansteorra] New Territorial Nobility of Bonwicke

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sun Feb 24 15:19:38 PST 2008

> > *S*  You are correct, Milord, I have indeed heard that usage; but not
> > very
> > often...perhaps I am a bit too sensitive after the recent vivisection of
> > the
> > (former) Western Region...I just wanted it clarified that the new Baron
> > and
> > Baroness were of *Bonwicke*; and not of all the former groups that
> > comprised
> > the Western Region.
> No problem.  You're a trained herald, and are used to announcements that
> are filtered through a trained herald.  The original note was legally
> acceptable and heraldically imprecise, which means that the kingdom
> seneschal is doing his job well, and not doing the heralds' job.  No
> biggie.

Thank you Master Robin.

To be precise, the term "Territorial" comes from Corpora Section V. which is
titled Territorial Barons and Baronesses. Because of the number of single
individuals who have been holding lands in fief for Their Majesties, I've
found it to be most clear to refer to the Nobility instead of the Baron
and/or Baroness or to imply that we need both to hold lands.

In Service,
Master Phelim Gervase called Pug