[Ansteorra] Bunk Cot

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Thu Feb 28 09:50:24 PST 2008

The price is actually quite good since individual cots run about $50
to $200 and the low end has issues. The cots you are looking at are 6
feet long and only 2 feet wide. Probably not an issue for your kids
but if you are also planning to put adults on them that may be a
consideration. Top bunk is limited to about 180lbs so make sure they
don't both try to get on that top bunk at the same time. Also, with
the side bars and only 15" between the cots, the bottom bunk is not
for the claustrophobic. The whole thing is about 15lbs.

Cabelas has a larger version (6 1/2 feet long, 3 feet wide) which is
sturdier (400 lbs max per bed) and at 64 lbs, much heavier. It has 20"
space between the cots and no side bars. They call it cam-o-cot and it
is about $200 for the 2 bunks. If I were putting together a big dorm
tent for Gulf War, I think this would be a good choice but it is
probably overkill for the kids.

Nether product is particularly expensive compared to the price of
individual cots. I have no doubt each is worth the price. It is just a
matter of deciding what you need and how much the difference is worth
to you.

Christian Doré