[Ansteorra] A Personal DEED at Gulf War

Anthony N. Emmel lord_kjeran at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 10:45:48 PST 2008

  By my hand and under my seal on Thursday of the 3rd week of Lent, Anno Soceitatis XXXXII being also the 28th of February Anno Domini 1378 (2008) in the vulgar.

Most sincere and humble greetings from Bernhadt von Bruck, a lowly vassal and man-at-arms of the Prince-Bishop of Trier, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and his servant St. Michael, General of the Armies of Heaven!

  I would like to announce the following Deed of Arms that, God willing, I shall attempt at Gulf Wars on the Tuesday of the 4th week of Lent approaching the 1st hour of the afternoon until 3rd hour of such near the Hastings field.

  To wit, I shall meet all comers with either a sword, mace or bec de corbin, as the challenger wishes, to exchange a series of blows for the Joy of Combat and the Love of my most glorious Lady and Wife, the fair Elisabeth von Wisenstain.

  As the challenger wishes, we shall exchange either three, seven, or nine blows~~three in honor of the Three Christian Virtues of FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE; or seven in honor of the Seven Chivalric Virtues of PROWESS, COURAGE, JUSTICE, MERCY, LARGESSE, PIETY, and NOBILITY; or nine in honor of the Nine Worthies: HECTOR of Troy, ALEXANDER the Great, Gaius Julius CAESAR, King DAVID, JOSHUA the Judge, Judas MACCHABEUS, the Emperor CHARLEMAGNE, King ARTHUR and GODFREY de Bouillion.

  For those who meet me on the field and thus aid in my Quest to grow in Honor, I shall give a small token of remembrance.

  I thank you kindly for your attention to this poor missive and humble request.

  Until we meet, I remain in the Service of Honor and the Love of my Lady,
Your most obedient servant,

  Bernhard von Bruck

((aka Snaebjorn, Rosenfeld/Ansteorra, mka Anthony N. Emmel))