[Ansteorra] where to get thermal silks

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Feb 28 13:48:27 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
> Also see if you can find some thermal silks. These are very
> light garments made with in poly silk material that will keep
> you very toasty in all kinds for weather. I was given mine so
> I don't know where you buy them  They don't add weight and
> bulk and allows me not to hide my nice costumes.

The silk or silk-blend thermal undergarments should be available from
most major sporting goods suppliers; Academy, Dicks, Gander Mountain,
Bass Pro Shops, and L.L. Bean, and Eddie Bauer all immediately come to
mind.  As recently as a year ago January, Gander Mountain in-store price
was about $25 top or bottom in western Pennsylvania (up through size XL,
if memory serves - expect to pay a premium for larger sizes, and DON'T
be vain and try to get by with something smaller than your true size
needs...).

Sportsman's Guide may or may not also have these in stock at any given
time.  HEY, DON ALARIC! Anything on your scope from them recently?

For any of these outlets, now might be a good time to shop -- we're
looking at end-of-winter clearances starting or ending around this time
of year.

Amra (procrastinating in the packing process - heading home to Steppes,
from Stargate, tomorrow)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen