[Ansteorra] I'm Late! I'm Late!!

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Thu Feb 28 19:05:53 PST 2008

But it's NOT too late to send in your pre-reservations for Smythkepe's
Cracked Anvil. March 1st is the early registration deadline for this year's
Cracked Anvil Collegium being held March 28-30.

This year's theme is "A Day in the Life".

You want Heavy Weapons fighting? We have it !   The Newbie Tournament,
Triathlon Tournament, Smythkepe War Lord Tournament , and the Meanist Mother
(don't you go talking about my momma like that!).

For the Rapier Fighters we offer  the Smythkepe Defender Tourney,  Pick Your
Fight Tourney, Dante's Inferno /Wheel of Death Tourney, a Gather Your Stuff
Tourney and Protect the Chicken ("when you find yourself in danger, when
you're threatened by a stranger" ... oh wait ! Wrong chicken. Sorry!)

Live Weapons includes both Archery (including the Dicey Archery competiton
and IKAC competiton) and a Thrown Weapons competition.

For something at a more leisurely pace we offer Arts & Science Competiton
with the theme "Every day life in the Middle Ages". Documentation is
required and will be judges using Kingdom A&S Criteria. Prizes include a
light box and 12 handcast pewter tokens.

If you're on a more scholarly bent, we offer classes including embroidery,
Beginning Crossstitch, period pies, Introduction to 9 Man Morris (not to be
confused with 9 Lives Morris), Introduction to Pewter Casting and more.

Of course, once you're here you'll want to stay for feast which includes
venison, roast pork loin,  creme brulle tarts, fruit tarts, and "Joe
Froggers".

And what event would be complete without merchants? Old World Merchants,
That Special Touch, All the Trimmings and possibly a few more.

So where is all this happening? Shoal Creek Youth Camp  571 Youth Camp Rd
New Blaine, AR 72851 (that's off State Highway 22 just west of New Blaine).
Complete directions and more event info can be found here: www.smythkepe.org
then click the button that says "Cracked".

How much does this cost? Would you believe $18 for Adults, $10 for children
under 12. Off-board (that means No feast), deduct $6 (but honestly: Pizza
Hut is 10 miles away... do you really want to drive that far?).  Basic site
fee includes all meals except feast..  Non- Members, please add $3
Non-Member Surcharge.  Please make checks payable to SCA- Shire of Smythkepe
and  mail your reservation to SCA-Shire of Smythkepe  PO Box 5505  Fort
Smith, Arkansas 72913.  BUT if your reservation is postmarked by Midnight
Saturday night, you can save $2. So don't wait! Operators are standing by
(well actually it's the Reservationist at the P.O. Box).

We also have limited cabin space available for up to 96 people at no
additional charge.

So don't be late. Send in your reservation now and have one less thing to
worry about after Gulf Wars ;)

Oh yes! Lord Cinaed, out Feast Steward would like me to remind you to please
bring your feast gear (including bowls). Disposable feast gear will *not* be
available.