[Ansteorra] Event Locations

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:54:51 PST 2008

There are only two official events announcements in the January Blackstar
that are in Oklahoma, Queen's Champion and Winter War Manuevers.  Both of
those have the mundane locations listed.  The Company of Wolves is just an
advertisement, and is not required to have the same information an official
event ad must have.  Is that the one you are referrring to?

JP

On Jan 2, 2008 9:33 PM, Richard Yeager <chuymonstre at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just received the latest issue of Black Star.  There is at least one
> full-paged "ad" for an up-coming event.  The event name is listed along with
>  autocrat contact information and driving directions.  No where in the ad is
> the sponsoring barony listed nor the "city" where the event was being held.
>  My lady had to google the camp ground listed in order to determine the
> event will be held in Oklahoma.
>
> This is not an isolated case.  Every issue of the Black Star has
> announcements for upcoming events where the event location is no clearly
> listed.  Sometimes I recognize a frequently used campground (especially if
> it is in my region).  Sometimes it requires internet searches to figure
> whether the event is in Texas or Oklahoma (or elsewhere in a few cases).  I
> recognize that we are relative new-comers to the SCA, but it would be
> helpful if the announcements/ads were a little more clear on where the event
> is supposed to occur.
>
> <stepping down from my rant box>
>
> Cuan mac Niall

"Write with nouns and verbs, not with adjectives and adverbs. The adjective
 hasn't been built that can pull a weak or inaccurate noun out of a tight
place."