[Ansteorra] Pay-2-play, Pay-2-fight, Pay-2-whatever...

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:31:09 PST 2008

On 1/9/08, Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace <sirlyonel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ... If ... income needs to be raised, increase the non-member surcharge.
> I'm not a conservative thinker, but I think the membership requirements are
> appropriate as they stand. If the income to SCA Inc. is inadequate, perhaps
> the GC should consider a small increase in the non-member surcharge. I also
> think an administrative charge for authorization cards for non-members would
> be appropriate (a dollar or two would not be outrageous).

Can someone knowledgeable post -exactly- what the membership cost covers? I
know we get a membership card and a newsletter. Is there anything else? If
costs are rising, what are those costs?

If the rising costs are for things that only apply to members, I don't think
raising the non-member surcharge is the correct action there -- why should
non-members pay more for something they're not getting?

For the rest of it, I will let Don Robin's post speak for me.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad